What is EPDM?
EPDM (ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) is an extremely durable synthetic rubber roofing membrane. Its two primary ingredients, ethylene and propylene, are derived from oil and natural gas. EPDM is available in both black and white, and is sold a broad variety of widths, ranging from 7.5 feet to fifty feet, and in two thicknesses, 45 and 60 mils. EPDM can be installed either fully adhered, mechanically attached or ballasted, with the seams of the roofing system sealed with liquid adhesives or specially formulated tape.
Benefits of EPDM
EPDM offers a long list of performance benefits…
- Long average service life; between 20-30 years.
- High value, low life cycle cost
- Highly resistant to ponding, hail, and UV damage
- High level of flexibility even in low temperatures
- Resistant to extreme heat
- Easy to add penetrations when needed
- Low maintenance requirements
Don’t trust your biggest asset to just any contractor. Chose a Factory-certified Master Elite® contractor like Performance Roofing Systems. We are your best and safest choice! Give us a call today for a Free Estimate and Inspection (704) 663-0300